Tools and Functions
on the map
If you want to know about a feature on the NPL Superfund Footprint Mapper, you can get more information about
it using the Identify tool .
To identify a
- In the Toolbar, click the Identify button.
- Click on the feature you want to identify. An identify
icon will be placed on the map at the location clicked. A
callout label will also be placed near the location, with the name of the
feature found, if any.
- Multiple features may be found at the location clicked.
To see the other features, click either on the first feature found or the
gray down-arrow at the right side of the callout label. The name will
change to a drop-down list appearance:
Click the feature of interest.
- To view details (attributes) for the feature, click the
gray down-arrow (see step 3 image) at the far right side of the callout
label. This expands the callout box to show the attributes of the feature,
as well as the layer name, and an option to add to results (see below).
- If you want to keep this identify result for later use,
click the drop-down button on the right side of the callout label, and
choose Add to Results (see graphic above). After a few
moments, an entry for the location should appear in the Results section of the Console. See Using Results for more on working with features in the Results
- To close the identify callout box that appears on the
map, click the close button on its upper right. The
identify callout will also be dismissed when the map zooms or pans.